Re: [Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

Re: [Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

Kurt Young
cc user-zh mailing list, since there are lots of chinese speaking people.
Best,
Kurt

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:02 PM WangHengwei <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>     I'm working on [FLINK-13405] Translate "Basic API Concepts" page into
> Chinese. I have a problem.
>
>     Usually we translate "Data Source" into "数据源" but there is no agreed
> translation for "Data Sink". Since it often appears in documents, I think
> we'd better to have a unified translation. I have some alternatives, e.g.
> "数据沉淀","数据归" or "数据终".
>
>      Committer Xingcan Cui has a good suggestion for "数据汇" which
> corresponds to source ("数据源"). I asked Committer Jark Wu, he is also fine
> with it. I think "数据汇" is a good representation of flow charactiristics so
> I would like to use it.
>

>     I want to hear more thoughts from the community whether we should
> translate it and what it should be translated into.
>

>     Thanks,
>     WangHW

Re: [Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

zhisheng
hi,
总感觉还是有点别扭,建议如果没找到合适的中文词语来翻译,那么还是用 Data Sink 来表示可能会更友好些

Kurt Young <[hidden email]> 于2019年8月13日周二 下午4:16写道:

> cc user-zh mailing list, since there are lots of chinese speaking people.
> Best,
> Kurt
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:02 PM WangHengwei <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >

> >     I'm working on [FLINK-13405] Translate "Basic API Concepts" page into
> > Chinese. I have a problem.
> >
> >     Usually we translate "Data Source" into "数据源" but there is no agreed
> > translation for "Data Sink". Since it often appears in documents, I think
> > we'd better to have a unified translation. I have some alternatives, e.g.
> > "数据沉淀","数据归" or "数据终".
> >
> >      Committer Xingcan Cui has a good suggestion for "数据汇" which
> > corresponds to source ("数据源"). I asked Committer Jark Wu, he is also fine
> > with it. I think "数据汇" is a good representation of flow charactiristics
> so
> > I would like to use it.
> >

> >     I want to hear more thoughts from the community whether we should
> > translate it and what it should be translated into.
> >

> >     Thanks,
> >     WangHW

回复: [Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

Yuan,Youjun
Sink -> “数据目的地”,我们的团队基本上都这么称呼。仅供参考