Weekly Community Update 2019/33, Personal Chinese Version

Weekly Community Update 2019/33, Personal Chinese Version

tison
Hi community,

Inspired by weekly community updates thread, regards the growth
of Chinese community and kind of different concerns for community
members I'd like to start a personally maintained Chinese version of
Weekly Community Update.

Right now I posted these weeks' updates on this page[1] where Chinese
users as well as potential ones could easily reach.

Any feedbacks are welcome and I am looking for a collaborator who is
familiar with TableAPI/SQL topics to enrich the content.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/78753149

Re: Weekly Community Update 2019/33, Personal Chinese Version

Paul Lam
Hi Tison,

Big +1 for the Chinese Weekly Community Update. The content is well-organized, and I believe it would be very helpful for Chinese users to get an overview of what’s going on in the community.

Best,
Paul Lam

> 在 2019年8月19日,12:27,Zili Chen <[hidden email]> 写道:
>
> Hi community,
>
> Inspired by weekly community updates thread, regards the growth
> of Chinese community and kind of different concerns for community
> members I'd like to start a personally maintained Chinese version of
> Weekly Community Update.
>
> Right now I posted these weeks' updates on this page[1] where Chinese
> users as well as potential ones could easily reach.
>
> Any feedbacks are welcome and I am looking for a collaborator who is
> familiar with TableAPI/SQL topics to enrich the content.
>
> Best,
> tison.
>
> [1] https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/78753149 <https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/78753149>

Re: Weekly Community Update 2019/33, Personal Chinese Version

Jark
Administrator
Hi Zili,

+1 for the Chinese Weekly Community Update.
I think this will categorical attract more Chinese users.
Btw, could you also put the content of Chinese Weekly Updates in the email?
I think this will be more align with the Apache Way.
So that we can help to response users who have interesting/questions on
some items.

Thanks,
Jark

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 13:27, Paul Lam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tison,
>
> Big +1 for the Chinese Weekly Community Update. The content is
> well-organized, and I believe it would be very helpful for Chinese users to
> get an overview of what’s going on in the community.
>
> Best,
> Paul Lam
>
> > 在 2019年8月19日,12:27,Zili Chen <[hidden email]> 写道:
> >
> > Hi community,
> >
> > Inspired by weekly community updates thread, regards the growth
> > of Chinese community and kind of different concerns for community
> > members I'd like to start a personally maintained Chinese version of
> > Weekly Community Update.
> >
> > Right now I posted these weeks' updates on this page[1] where Chinese
> > users as well as potential ones could easily reach.
> >
> > Any feedbacks are welcome and I am looking for a collaborator who is
> > familiar with TableAPI/SQL topics to enrich the content.
> >
> > Best,
> > tison.
> >
> > [1] https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/78753149 <
> https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/78753149>

Re: Weekly Community Update 2019/33, Personal Chinese Version

tison
Hi Paul & Jark,

Thanks for your feedbacks!

I also think of putting the content in the email but hesitate on
where it should be sent to(user-zh only IMO), what kind of thread
it should be sorted to([ANNOUNCE] or just normal thread), and how
to format to fit the email form.

It is reasonable to have this thread sync on both user-zh list side
and web page side so that we both follow the Apache way and make it
convenient to reach for (potential) Chinese users.

I'm glad to put the content in the email but decided to collect some
feedback of the idea first :-) If no other suggestions I am going to
start a separated normal thread, i.e., without [ANNOUNCE] header, to
user-zh list later today or tomorrow.

Best,
tison.

Jark Wu <[hidden email]> 于2019年8月20日周二 上午11:28写道: