[Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

[Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

WangHengwei
Hi all,

    I'm working on [FLINK-13405] Translate "Basic API Concepts" page into Chinese. I have a problem.

    Usually we translate "Data Source" into "数据源" but there is no agreed translation for "Data Sink". Since it often appears in documents, I think we'd better to have a unified translation. I have some alternatives, e.g. "数据沉淀","数据归" or "数据终".

     Committer Xingcan Cui has a good suggestion for "数据汇" which corresponds to source ("数据源"). I asked Committer Jark Wu, he is also fine with it. I think "数据汇" is a good representation of flow charactiristics so I would like to use it.

    I want to hear more thoughts from the community whether we should translate it and what it should be translated into.

    Thanks,
    WangHW

Re:[Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

Simon Su
Hi all,

更倾向于不翻译 Data Source 和 Data Sink

Thanks,
SImon

On 08/13/2019 17:27,WangHengwei<[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on [FLINK-13405] Translate "Basic API Concepts" page into Chinese. I have a problem.

Usually we translate "Data Source" into "数据源" but there is no agreed translation for "Data Sink". Since it often appears in documents, I think we'd better to have a unified translation. I have some alternatives, e.g. "数据沉淀","数据归" or "数据终".

Committer Xingcan Cui has a good suggestion for "数据汇" which corresponds to source ("数据源"). I asked Committer Jark Wu, he is also fine with it. I think "数据汇" is a good representation of flow charactiristics so I would like to use it.

I want to hear more thoughts from the community whether we should translate it and what it should be translated into.

Thanks,
WangHW

Re: [Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

JingsongLee
可以直接保留不用翻译吗?

Best,
Jingsong Lee

    Thanks,
    WangHW

Re: [Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese

FrankieBuaa
Hello ,
I think "数据末端" can also be a fine translation.

Fengyuchen
18813125717